1. MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE
We would like to bring to your attention that the former Ministry of Roads is currently part of the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure. KeRRA, alongside other Statutory Agencies under the defunct Ministry of Roads, falls under the Infrastructure docket headed by the Principal Secretary-Infrastructure; Eng.John Kipngetich Mosonik.
2. Please click the Pre-Qualification Checker button on the home page to query areas you are prequalified in 47 KeRRA Regions for Road Maintenance under the Road Maintenance Levy Fund for Financial Year 2014/2016. Once again, thank you for your interest in working with us.
3. INQUIRIES RELATED TO ROAD RESERVES:
When one requires information on road reserve from KeRRA, the following shall be required
- A letter addressed to the Director General stating the information required
- Copy of an authentic survey plan from Survey of Kenya or County Surveyors' office with the parcel in question.
4. BUILDING LINE (SET BACK DISTANCE):
According to Physical Planning Act CAP 286 the following shall be observed when constructing a permanent structure in plots abutting classified roads:
- Between 6m and 18m road width the building line shall be not less than 6m
- Any road greater than 18m in width, the building line shall be not less than 9m
The set back distances are with respect to the road reserve boundary with the subject plot