REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
CLIMATE PROOFED ARID AND SEMI-ARID LAND RURAL ROADS PROJECT
Consultancy Services for Design and Supervision Consultancy (DSC) for Climate Proofed Arid and Semi-Arid Land Rural Roads Project
- The Government of Kenya has received financing from the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) of France (60 million Euro loan) and the European Union (30million Euro grant) for the improvement of rural roads in Arid and Semi-Arid Land counties of Laikipia, Meru, Tharaka Nithi, Samburu, Isiolo and Marsabit. The total estimated cost of the project over five years is 110 million Euros. The Government of Kenya through the Kenya Rural Roads Authority (KeRRA) intends to apply a portion of these funds to finance consultancy services for design and supervision of the project.
- Expressions of Interest are invited from qualified independent consulting firms.
- Eligibility criteria to AFD financing are specified in sub-clause 1.3 of the "Procurement Guidelines for AFD Financed Contracts in Foreign Countries", available online on AFD’s website: http://www.afd.fr
- In order to confirm eligibility for AFD financing, interested firms shall submit (as part of the expression of interest) a duly signed ‘Statement of Integrity which is appended to the REOI and can be downloaded from https://afd.dgmarket.com/ or https://www.kerra.go.ke/.
- Two Design and Supervision Consultants (DSCs) will provide technical support for the six counties. Each consulting firm will provide support to three (3) counties as follows:
- “Area 1” - covering the counties of Meru, Tharaka-Nithi and Laikipia; and
- “Area 2” - covering the counties of Marsabit, Samburu and Isiolo.
- An individual consulting firm can bid for both areas separately BUT can only be considered for one (1) Area.
- The DSCs will be based in Meru and Isiolo for Area 1 and 2 respectively.
- The services to be offered by the Design and Supervision Consultant (DSC) will include all aspects of engineering design and supervision of contracted works. The Consultants will be appointed as the Engineer’s Representative and shall provide services including but not limited to the following:
- Ensure the works are executed to specifications and within the contract sums;
- Evaluate work programme prepared by the Contractor;
- Enforce environmental mitigation measures;
- Check and forward interim and final payment certificates for approval by the Engineer;
- Evaluate contractual claims; and
- Prepare monthly progress and project completion reports.
- The road works envisaged in the project will be performed in line with the Roads 2000 Maintenance strategy which emphasizes community participation, network approach in planning, execution of works by use of appropriate local material and labour based methods, spot improvements and private sector participation in implementation of works.
- Interested consultants should submit their expressions of interest in the English language. The expressions of interest must include the following details among others;
- Project references that show the relevant experience and in particular experience in implementation of projects using Roads 2000 strategy in the last 10 years
- Curriculum Vitae (CVs) of key relevant expert staff that could be mobilised for the assignment.
- Company profile and status, substantiation of financial ability in comparison to the order volume, profit and loss accounts and balance sheets for the last three (3) years.
Due to the security risk in some of the areas where the services are to be performed, the evaluation of Expressions of Interest will verify that the applications will be able to meet the established security protocols.
- Interested consultancy firms will be required to consult the detailed expression of interest document at https://afd.dgmarket.com/ or the Authority’s Website https://www.kerra.go.ke/
- The evaluation procedure of the expressions of interest will be in accordance with the Government of Kenya Procurement Regulations and the AFD Procurement Guidelines.
- The expressions of interest titled ‘’Expressions of Interest for the Design and Supervision Consultancy Services for Climate Proofed Arid and Semi-Arid Lands Rural Roads Project, in … [specify whether Area 1 or Area 2] Reference No.:KeRRA/08/40/29/2020-2021” should be addressed to:
KENYA RURAL ROADS AUTHORITY
4TH FLOOR, BARABARA PLAZA, BLOCK “B”
AIRPORT SOUTH ROAD
P.O BOX 48151-00100
and submitted by email or deposited in the Tender box situated on Ground Floor, Barabara Plaza, Block “B”, so as to be received on or before 1200 Hours (East African Time) of Tuesday 8th June, 2021.
- KeRRA reserves the right to accept or reject any or all the applications without giving reasons thereof.